The warrior code is a series of strict laws laid down by StarClan for all of the Clans to follow. While the exact code is not listed anywhere, it is clear to all Clans what the rules in the warrior code are. There are countless other laws in the warrior code. If warriors break this code, a punishment, whether it be from a duty involving caring for the elders to exile to even death, will undoubtedly result. The punishment depends on the severity of the broken code and the Clan leader them-self. For example, if an apprentice had been caught eating during a hunting mission, they may be punished simply by not being allowed to take any fresh-kill for the rest of the day. Another example could be if a cat betrayed their Clan. The Clan leader may decide to exile them as proper punishment.
001. - Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
002. - Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
003. - Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
004. - Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
005. - A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
006. - Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
007. - A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice
008. - The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies or retires.
009. - After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy ,must be chosen before moonhigh.
010. - A gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
011. - Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
012. - No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.
013. - The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
014. - An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.
015. - A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.